Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Master Cleanse/ Lemonade Diet- Intro


Hi My Name is Angela and I am doing the Master Cleanse aka the Lemonade Diet. This is my second time doing the cleanse. I found it to be very effective as a detox and for weight loss the first time (over a year ago) I lost 12 pounds.
Recently I have been feeling sluggish and my weight has been creeping upward. I stepped on the scale the other day and thought "OMG; I gotta do something about that." I have the urge to snack more often than I should and especially at night. My goal is to flush my system on the unhealthy things I have been eating, to jump start my body into a healthier state, and to lose weight. Post cleanse I plan to eat a healthier diet and maintain a healthier state of mind.

I have been reading the book titled "The Complete Master Cleanse: A Step-by-Step Guide to Maximizing the Benefits of The Lemonade Diet" by Tom Woloshyn, this is my Guide. The Lemonade diet is about will power and self control...I'm up for the Challenge!

I have been checking out other people's blogs and notice that a lot of people are mixing all ingredients into a gallon jug and trying to drink the lemonade after cayenne pepper has been sitting in it all day and this makes the lemonade extremely Hot.
If you choose to do the Master Cleanse I strongly urge you to try to make your lemonade fresh each time you drink it. If you cannot mix it fresh mix the lemon juice with maple syrup (equal parts of each) in a thermos or dark container and keep it cool. Then mix your cayenne pepper and water in a glass with the mixture when you are ready to drink it.

Ingredients
2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice ( preferably organic, but I'm using regular lemons)
2 tablespoons of organic Maple syrup ( I bought 1 quart jug at Home Economist Market)
1/10 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Add it all to 10 oz of pure water ( I am using Reverse Osmosis water)



No comments:

Post a Comment